Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sorry for The Savage AfterWorld / Savage Worlds Confusion!

Hey gang,

Needed to quickly address something. When I decided to create this blog dedicated to supporting Goblinoid Games' Mutant Future system, I mulled over an appropriate name for a long time. The original title of this blog was simply "The AfterWorld." I figured it was simple, short, and succinctly summarized the genre of "What happens after the world ends?" However, when I went to register the name at Blogger, imagine my surprise to find the name was already taken. So, I grabbed a thesaurus and tacked on the first appropriate-sounding adjective I found - "savage." Finding it available, I registered the name, created the banner, and began posting.

What I didn't realize until recently is just how similar in name this blog is to the Savage Worlds RPG by Pinnacle Entertainment Group. Had I chosen a different adjective at random such as "violent," "mutated," or "harsh," we wouldn't even be having this conversation. To any who have stumbled across this blog thinking it supports the Savage Worlds system, I apologize for the confusion. Now, on with the Mutant Future support...

2 comments:

  1. I'll admit when I first clicked through to here, I thought it was a Savage Worlds blog, but I've stuck around as there is a lot I can borrow from a post-apoc setting for my upcoming SW game, like the random junkyard and settlement generators you posted a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, first arrived here thinking it was "Savage Worlds" blog with a Post Apocalyptic bent.
    It doesn't matter, as ALL of the content and links on this blog, leave me thankful I found it.

    Keep up the good work, as I've just recently started a "Savage Gamma Worlds" game with about 6 to 7 players, and I will be pointing them here for both inspiration and background.

    ReplyDelete