Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Radioactive Dice Deserve A Radioactive Dice Cup

Just got my set of Nuke Dice from Q-Workshop, but I didn't want to just toss them in the ol' dice bag. I felt they needed something more Mutant Future-ish with regards to storage. Pity there are no small "Radioactive Waste" containers to use.

So I made one.

I picked up a simple cardboard can with lid at the local hobby store, painted it yellow, wrapped a rusting barrel texture printout around it (stenciled with RADIOACTIVE WASTE, a hazmat placard, and two radiation/poison decals on the far side), and finished it with a black/yellow hazard strip around the lid edge. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

5 comments:

  1. Nice!! I'd be worried that the cardboard wouldn't be strong enough for transport. Something to consider, should you ever do radioactive dice cup v2.0 would be to use a PVC pipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the cardboard cup/lid is incredibly sturdy. The whole assembly was wrapped in a paper-mache-like substance that firmed it up to an almost plastic-like firmness.

    ReplyDelete