Saturday, June 1, 2013

Kickstarter for "Dogs Playing D&D" Poster Print

I apologize for yet another indulgent, personal, not-related-to-Mutant-Future post. I promise that I'll pay my Joesky Tax first thing tomorrow morning. But this is too cool to not let folks know.

As I've mentioned before, I'm a huge fan of  CM Coolidge's "Dogs Playing Poker" series. I have a big black velvet painting that hangs on one gameroom wall, and from where I'm currently sitting, I can see 4 other Poker-Dog prints hanging up. (I even have a Poker-Dogs necktie I bring out for special occasions.)

Anyway, just discovered this Kickstarter for a nifty poster print that I *must* have. And I daresay a few of you may want one too:


Yup, artist Jay Babcock is producing a parody print of the classic painting "A Bold Bluff" with the canines now playing Dungeons and Dragons. (Looks like 3 or 3.5 edition.) Love the Red Bull and Mountain Dew at the table (what, no Cheetos?), and the curtained bookshelf at the rear which once held encyclopedia volumes now hold other gamebooks, it appears. Lots of keen details.

The Kickstarter is fairly simple: $5 gets you a clean high-rez file for use as digital wallpaper, and $20 gets you the 19" x 27" poster print shipped in the U.S. ($25 for it signed). Outside the U.S., pay another $10 for shipping. (And no black velvet version is coming as the pricing was "prohibitive.") This will have a spot of honor on my gameroom walls. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment