Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Draw Me Something, Get A Book. Draw Me Two Somethings, Get It In Print.

EDITED TO ADD: Thanks to so many offers, I now have more than enough art and artists to really make this book shine. Thank you to everyone who's shown an interest, but I'm going to have to turn down anyone else who wishes to participate. Thanks again!

Hey gang,

Today's post is aimed at any artists out there -- from professionals to wanna-bes. I'm wrapping up production on my newest Mutant Future supplement, One Year In The Savage AfterWorld. I've teased the cover recently, in fact.
Although the book's written and edited, it really needs some illustrations to "punch up" the interior. I'm OK at drawing (to a point), and some previous artists I've worked with in the past have graciously agreed to let me use some of their art for some spot illustrations. But I'm gonna need more. And that's where you come in.

When I created my Deviant Database, I made an offer over at the Goblinoid Games forums: Anyone who illustrated any creature for the book would get artistic credit up front as well as the final PDF of the book. Anyone who drew two or more creatures got credit, the PDF, and a Lulu print copy of the final book. I had several artists take me up on the offer, and I really like how the Deviant Database came together. I'd like to make a similar offer for One Year... Contribute any illustration and you'll get artist credit and the final PDF when done. Contribute two, and I'll send the final print version of the book when done. Keep in mind that you do NOT need to be a professional artist with buckets of talent and a huge portfolio. Any "good faith" effort that isn't a copy or tracing of another's artwork is acceptable as this supplement begs for the "OSR, old-school, garage-print" treatment. (However, I do reserve the right to say "No thanks.")

If you would like to contribute a drawing or sketch for this new supplement, send me an email at gameagain at gmail dot com. I'll send you a massive list of things I need art for. Creature ideas, scenes, bit pieces, etc. These are all small "filler" pieces and not sweeping landscapes. Pick what you'd like to draw up, and send it in when you're done. Now's the time to let your post-apocalyptic artistic side loose, and help me out in the process! Thanks for your consideration!

10 comments:

  1. What sort of time-frame/deadline are you shooting for, for the sake of those of us with other projects already on our plate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get this wrapped up in 30 days on the outside. Nothing crazy-fast.

      Delete
  2. I'd love an excuse to put pen to paper so I've dropped you an email :-)
    Here's a few examples of my guff:
    http://ilikepaintinglead.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/some-old-drawings.html
    http://society6.com/headnhalf

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you need cartoon cute octopoids or maps or graphics sing out - a few things of mine here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/konsumterra/sets/72157631656547261/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool stuff! No need for maps with this specific book, but I have something else in the works that could use your help! Let me get this project off my plate first. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I'd like to give it a go, I've sent an email.

    ReplyDelete