Thursday, January 30, 2014

Great Deals Still Available At Troll And Toad

After hearing about the great gaming deals Tim Shorts and Erik Tenkar got from the Troll and Toad clearance bin, I just had to go wading in to see what kinds of leftovers remained in the T&T warehouse. And the more I poked through the remaining deals, the fuller my shopping cart got. So here is what I got in the mail today:
I love to see a big ol' box of gaming goodies sitting on the porch after a long day at work.

The whole RPGA thing passed me by back in my gaming youth, but I love to read old issues of Polyhedron. I grabbed about 8 issues. Within these issues, there are full adventures for AD&D, Gamma World, and even Paranoia! Score!

One of my favorite gaming mags was Cryptych and I was surprised to see a couple of back issues in the bargain bin. Snagged them for some retro reading this weekend. (Now to pick up those cheap back issues of Shadis...)

I was very surprised to see copies of West End Games' D6 Fantasy and D6 Space in the bargain bin. (Wish there had been a copy of D6 Adventure too.) When I pulled these out, I was stunned to see they were hardcopies...and brand new too! (And I paid 99 cents and $1.99 for these!)

Here's the coup de grace -- A copy of Road Kill Rally by Z-Man Games, brand new and shrinkwrapped. (Picture "Death Race 2000: The Board Game.") I also grabbed the Quackery card game as the description fascinated me.

And here's the punchline: The total cost of all of this? Less than $40....SHIPPED. Everything you see here was either 49 cents, 99 cents, or $1.99. The only item costing more was Road Kill Rally, and I got that for $15.59. There are still a LOT of great deals to be had, so I suggest you drop what you're doing and go shopping for great stuff cheap! (And leave the Shadis issues for me, would ya?)

5 comments:

  1. I have a box o' loot coming to me, as well.

    But I found there shipping costs wonky, took up a conversation with them about it, and lost an item or three which sold out from under me while I tried to get shipping resolved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul Tim. T&T are probably thrilled to get some of that back inventory out of the way. Seems like a good sized group of put a dent in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Thanks for the heads up; I am off to look. BTW, my most recent score was a copy of the first volume of White Dwarf scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those D6 games look fantastic! I'll be checking them out today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered six books. I also did a shout out to the RPG community about this on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete